November saw the increase of the Twitter character limit, enabling plot anglers to add more depth and nuance to their hooks. I haven’t had too much time preparing hooks while running three different campaigns, but I look forward to experimenting with the increased character limit in the future.
Follow me @Questscribe to keep up to date with my most recent hooks.
The hooks are color-coded for the group they were used or are planned for. The default color means they’re not yet being used for anything.
- A catchy tune is sweeping the city; all sorts of folk are seen humming it, days before they disappear…
- The mayor of Wolfsburg has long been suspected of being a werewolf. Envious of this “blessing,” the Cult of Sêlune have kidnapped the mayor’s daughter and plan on having her bite them under the full moon, therewith receiving their goddess’ favor: lycanthropy.
- Your rowdy post-adventure celebrations are interrupted by a sect of silent warrior-monks, dedicated to keeping the world quiet. They’re here to shut you up – with their fists!
- The mines are overrun with an hitherto unknown species of mole-people. The military want to storm in, but the druids are protesting, blocking the entrance and saying that this new lifeform must be protected. The foreman, meanwhile, just wants to resume work.
- Young Grippli of royal descent are known to secrete a powerful toxin when in love. As it so happens, the current crown prince is just the right age. Any alchemist would pay a handsome price for his toxins…There’s only one problem – the boy is incredibly shy!
- Mischievous sky spirits snatched a star from the heavens and cast it down into a volcano, forging a sword without peer. The blade now glitters atop the mountain’s peak, akin a lighthouse, luring adventurers like ships to port.