Here are March’s plot hooks, for your consideration.
- You find a Bag of Holding lying unattended on the street. Within you find a single note: “If you want your stuff back, meet me at the docks tonight.”
What do you do?
- Mortal traders of stock are shocked when they discover that a majority of shares are held by dragons, delighted with this novel way to hoard. “Why settle on a heap of gold,” an Ancient Red explains, “when you can amass one of infinite value by investing smartly?”
- The child of a famous wizard asks you to find out what happened to their dog. The dog seems the same, but the child insists something is off. When you investigate you learn that the wizard accidentally killed the dog and replaced them with a clone. What do you do?
- Alternatively: The child is the clone, the original having been destroyed in a freak magic accident. The dog is acting weird because it’s the only one who can tell the perfect clone is different somehow…
- A certain church has a bell that needs to be rung regularly to keep the demons out of town. Disturbingly, no one who tolls the bell ever returns. When you investigate, you discover why: The bell has teeth, and an appetite to match! What do you do?
- You are asked to retrieve a holy statue that was stolen from its temple. When you track the statue down, the thief insist that they were tasked by the depicted deity itself; apparently they got tired of all those prayers and just wanted some peace. What do you do?
Check in next month for more hooks!